Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Northeast Collin County/Greenville is a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We respond immediately to restore your home from flood damage. Our professionals are highly-trained, experienced and use the proper equipment to restore your home back to normal. We pride ourselves on being faster to any-sized disaster and our focus revolves around training our professionals so your property is restored correctly the first time. Here at SERVPRO of Northeast Collin County / Greenville, we require all office employees and field technicians to be IICRC certified and trained to properly handle all situations when it comes to water damage restoration. Whatever it is you need, SERVPRO of Northeast Collin County/Greenville is here to help. We are a full service SERVPRO. Meaning that whatever type damage your home experiences, whether it be from water, fire, smoke or mold damage, we can perform all aspects of the job. From remediation to restoration and re-construction, we can handle it all.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (972) 548-6044
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.